Are you interested in becoming a volunteer at Tropical Wings Zoo?
The Tropical Wings Zoo Volunteer Team provides you with a fantastic opportunity to enhance your knowledge of endangered species and your enthusiasm for conservation, as well as the chance to experience the workings of a zoo environment.
To be a volunteer, you must be open and friendly and enjoy meeting new people, as you will be assisting Tropical Wings Zoo and its visitors in a variety of ways. The aims of the Volunteer Team are:
- To enhance the visitor experience by being a point of contact for customers, to answer their questions about the animals in a selection of enclosures.
- To enable visitors to get the most from the zoo by providing information when required on all the activities available in the zoo.
- To assist the keeper team in a variety of animal encounters and animal feeds.
- To provide an exciting learning experience by manning activity areas such as touch tables, fete stalls, craft activities when required.
- To assist the Zoo keepers with their animal care routine.
Tropical Wings Zoo’s volunteers are involved in many different roles. We hope for a regular commitment from our volunteers – typically of one week day per week or one weekend day every other weekend. The minimum age limit is 18 years of age.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at Tropical Wings Zoo please email for an application form.
As we have a limited number of opportunities, we endeavour to find people most suited to volunteering. This decision is based on information on your application, and a trial morning and interview with the Education Co-ordinator.